Located at just a 10 km drive from the Melbourne City centre, Balwyn is a suburb populated by 12,944 people. Over 60% of its population was born in Australia, and 53% are married young couples. Balwyn has a high percentage of people working in the healthcare and professional sectors, and is well known for a high quality family lifestyle. National Car and Truck rental provides best and cheapest car rentals in this area, which suit the needs of various customers. Car rental options also include door-to-door service, and newer model cars for those who want only the best.
The tram service in Balwyn was extended on Cotham Road, ending at Burke Road in May 1913. Later in time, it was extended along Whitehorse Road, and passed through Balwyn to end at Union Road in Mont Albert, on September 30th 1916.
Balwyn is home to few of Victoria’s best primary schools, also including those located in the nearby suburbs of Kew and Canterbury. This and the suburbs relatively large block sizes have been attracting many upper-middle class families to move to this suburb from places like Brighton and Kew. The main shopping destination of Balwyn is located at the intersection of Whitehorse road and Balwyn road. The developments in the initial stages were carried out on Whitehorse road tramline, where the Jarvis Walker fishing road and Wade Handbag factories were located once upon a time. Balwyn’s main shopping area lies around the intersection of Balwyn Road and Whitehorse road.
Reserve Balwyn Car Rental Service
The pristine and grand Freeway Golf Course is a public golf course in Balwyn that is open seven days a week. Starting each day with rooster's alarm and ending with the cricket's night buzz, this golf course also makes available, PGA professional coaching for serious visitors.
Rich in historical architecture, Balwyn boasts some of the most beautiful mansions located between Mont Albert Road and Whitehorse Road. These mansions were built during the Interwar period and hold great architectural significance. Rev Dr. A. H. Wood adopted the Deepdene Methodist church after he retired as the principal of the Methodist Ladies’ College in Kew. He made a notable contribution to the suburb through his church role. Most of the religious establishments popped up post World War II. Yet another historical and popular destination is Palace Cinemas. Formerly known as Balwyn cinemas, it started out as a single screen theatre in 1930, which was then converted to a multiplex in the 1990s. This elegant suburb has been ranked as one of Melbourne’s 10 most exclusive suburbs, consistently over time. Tagged as “arguably Melbourne’s most loved suburb” by The Age, Balwyn has a beautiful native garden developed by the citizens, which is called the Maranoa Gardens.